The books I've reviewed are either purchased by me or borrowed from the library and occasional gifts from friends. A percentage of these books are received from authors in exchange of an honest review and review copies/ARCs I receive via Netgalley and Edelweiss or as a part of blog tours. Whatever it is, I'll definitely mention it.
Incidentally, my reviews are detailed and spoiler-ish with occasional sarcasm and f-words. If you're not a fan of such reviews, the contents of this blog might not be for you.
Also NOTE: While I do understand your concern about one of your books being spread through the net, I can promise you that it won't be through me. I don't share ebooks or ARCs send by the authors/publishers online. But if you have trust issues, it's better you don't ask for a review from me, because I have NO intention to be a party to that issue.
UPDATE about Review Requests: I'm not taking any review requests at the moment, mainly because my life is super hectic and I'm unable to return the review in time. Some authors are very nice and don't grumble about it (which they should) but it doesn't feel right to me. From now on, I'll only consider review requests for books that really interest me. Not to offend anyone but I'm really bad at saying 'no', so I probably won't reply to your queries if my response is a negative. However, if you're interested in being featured on my blog (guest/promo posts), do mention that in your request and we can work something out.
Update about ARCs thru NetGalley/Edelweiss (August, 2015): I became a member of Netgalley in 2011 and Edelweiss 2012. I've always been a genuine ARC reviewer and gave utmost importance in finishing reviewing the ARCs. I've been very dedicated as I thought of it as a privilege given to me by the publishers. But the scenario has changed since 2013, with stricter regulations, so much so that I'm absolutely disheartened by this treatment. I do understand that sometimes their hands are tied but that does nothing to ease the sting of a decline. And so, due to heavy declines because I don't live in the 'correct territory' and don't have 'enough followers', I've decided to gradually retire from ARC reviewing from these galley sites. I've enjoyed being an ARC reviewer but this decision was in the making for the past two years. In any case, I'm a reader primarily and will continue to support my favorite authors on my own.
About Giveaways, Guest Posts, Author Promo/Spotlight, Interview and Review*:
- If the giveaway request is exclusive from an author or a publisher, I'll be happy to host, however all the responsibility of that giveaway would be of the requesting party.
- Same goes for any giveaways on my blog as the part of a blog tour, I'm not responsible for those giveaways as I only host the post on behalf of the promotional site.
- I'm unable to do any requested Author Interview at the moment.
- Guest Posts are welcome from the authors (published or new), as long as you are an author of the Romance genre (HR, Contemporary, Paranormal, New Adult, Erotica). Please attach the picture(s) and captions if you want to add any.
- I do Book Promo Spotlight as well but the promo has to be pre-written, consisting of the cover+blurb+retailer links of the book and the author pic+a short bio+author links. All the written materials should be in a .docx file and pictures/covers separately attached. Requests of review for such books will be under consideration but has to be something I actually read and/or I have the time to do it. I reserve the right to decline if I can't review the book but I'll still feature the promo post. It's better to decline rather than keep the author waiting for my review. I feel terrible when it happens.
After everything being said, please fill out the form in the Contact Me page with your request.
I rate on a scale of 1 to 5 stars. Even though I make the following note, I always try to explain my ratings in my reviews.
My review ratings as follow:
(5+ stars : great, big, happy 5 star! For very special books)
(4.5-5 stars : Simply mind blowing!)
(4-4.25 stars : Very good, except for a few things.)
(3.75 stars : Wasn't sure where to put it, generally good.)
(3-3.5 stars : Ok read, I've read better.)
To find me on Goodreads, click on my goodreads update widget.
Friend Invites are welcome, only if you share my interests in books and my reviews. But feel free to use the follow review option.